Tuesday, January 5, 2016

the Hood project : Nia Samani

Nia Samani - It was fun to spend time with these guys.
                      It seems like just yesterday they were newly married and ready to start their family.
                      Now they already have 3 of their own cute little peeps!!!
                      She's amazing and so beautiful, but super down to earth and kind.

*Something I've been noticing while doing this project is the questions that are being chosen to be answered.  I emailed all my moms a little questionnaire.  I told them to answer the ones that they wanted and skip the ones that they didn't want to answer.  Some questions could have brought out negative vibes (lol).  It's been interesting how all the moms have chosen to focus on the positive points of their life, choosing to remember the good in all of this.  Just a little note that I thought was interesting.  We all know that motherhood is not a piece of cake and not always glamorous.  When I look back on these crazy years, I hope that I will choose to remember the good over the bad.  I think all moms naturally tend to dwell on the good even though at times, it might be hard.





What are your greatest desires for your kids?
One of my greatest desires for my children is for them to grow up and be good, hard-working, honest people.  I hope that I can instill in them a strong testimony of our Savior so that they can weather any storm life may throw their way.





What are your favorite things to do as a family?
One of our favorite things to do as a family is family movie night.  We camp out in the living room with tons of blankets, pillows, and snacks watching movies all night.  We always end up falling asleep together.  It's the best!









What's your favorite/least favorite part of being a mom?
My favorite part of being a mom is definitely hearing my kids laugh.
My least favorite part is seeing them sick or hurt and the lack of sleep. Lol!




What important lessons have you learned from your children and spouse?
One lesson that I have learned (and keep learning) from my children and spouse is how to love unconditionally.  I never knew how much I could love anyone until I had them.  My husband teaches me to compromise and how to laugh through tough times.  My children teach me patience each and everyday.  Lol!




If you could go back to when you first became a mom, what would you tell yourself?
If I could go back to when I first became a mom, I would definitely tell myself that motherhood is a journey and to enjoy it.  Don't waste your time trying to be the "perfect" mom because there is no such thing.  Ask for help when you need, reach out to others who may need you, be a good friend, go on dates with your spouse, and last but not least, don't neglect yourself!  Take care of your body, your mind, and especially your spirit so that you can be the best mom you can be.






No comments: